1. Did the story touched your heart/ made you gasp with awe or heavy at heart with its content/ writing style?
Answer: Be descriptive but clear- stay within 50 words (min) to 100 words. Tell the writer why you liked the story, what was its greatest plus point etc.
2. Do you think the characters were brought to life? If it’s about our mundane world then they were like real people, if it’s about fantasy world then digestible/lovable (Some stories do make fantasy characters ridiculous, don’t they?)… your opinion!
Answer: Be honest and kind, we all are aspiring writers, so inspire us to perfect ourselves don’t discourage us to stop writing.
3. What will you say about the starting of the story? Did it capture your attention at the very beginning? How was the first paragraph, first page or couple of pages if it is a long story.
Answer: if yes say … if no say – no “To the point analysis necessary” just a honest statement like “it did not catch my attention at the very beginning, I was more bowled out by the middle or final part” but you can add why or why did it not catch your attention at the very beginning/ first couple of paragraphs- its not necessary though.
4. What is your opinion about the middle part of the story?
Answer: was this the actual attention grabber? Did it become sloppy after a fantastic start? Answer stating your viewpoints honestly, politely; you may suggest what might have made it better.
5. And the story ended….
Answer: just perfectly! Killed a fantastic story! “Alright”.. “it will work”… “perfect ending” … please elaborate your point of view at least a little bit or suggest how you would have done it.
6. A note for the author.
Answer: a small note to the author is must. Encourage, compliment, gush, or console…. Do what you want but honestly. We all need a little consolation or applaud, depending on how much our story impressed our reader.
7. and the impact of the story….
Answer: After finishing what did you felt/thought about the story? What was the effect that it left in your heart… you wished it was longer? You wanted to have it in your collection? You want to read more such works! It will stay in your heart and you will look for it in bookstalls?
8. Your nightmare question, say suppose you publish a magazine, that earns your bread through that, but you can gamble with one or two stories each issue, will you publish this story (if novel in installments…) by paying money?
Answer: PLEASE BE HONEST! If yes then tell why, if no then tell why! A work can be rejected gently!
A REQUEST: TRY TO HELP EACH OTHER IN REACHING OUR COMMON GOAL- GETTING PUBLISHED. READ ATTENTIVELY AND RESPONSE. WE CAN CRITIQUE IN A CONSTRUCTIVE WAY. PROVE IT!
IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING YOUR OWN CRITIQUE RULE- PLEASE SHARE THE RULES WITH US. MAY BE WE WILL ALL START FOLLOWING YOUR METHOD!
IF YOU WANT TO SHARE YOUR WORKS LEAVE YOUR STORY URL HERE. BUT MOST PEOPLE WILL COPY PASTE THE STORY IN THEIR OWN COMPUTER- HOPE THAT WILL BE ALRIGHT FOR YOU. IF YOU WANT GENUINE RESPONSE THEN ONLINE CRITIQUE WILL BE TOUGH, ESPECIALLY IN CASE OF LONG STORIES OR NOVELS. READERS WILL HAVE TO COPY PASTE THE STORY AND READ IT IN LEISURE, MULL OVER IT AND WRITE THE CRITIQUE.
IF SOMEONE IS TOO ABUSIVE THEN WE MAY HAVE TO REQUEST THAT PERSON TO DISCONTINUE CRITIQUEING. IF A COMPLAINT IS POSTED ABOUT SOMEONE WE WILL VOTE- AND MAJORITY OPINION WILL WIN.
BE WARY OF IDEA THIEVES AND PLAGIARISTS.